We people make our lovely tattoos after deciding a lot but we people have a very little idea about how to take care of the tattoo so that it lasts long. Actually there is a great confusion about this matter among us. As a result we have decided to come up with this article that will help a lot to get out from all the confusion. In addition you will also know about the exact procedure by which you can take care of your tattoos. The confusion that we have in our mind leads to a lot of mistakes and that destroys and ruins our lovely tattoos that we make spending a lot of money, time and sufferings. So let’s have a look into some common mistakes that we make and obviously that should be avoided.
Tattoo Aftercare Mistakes to Avoid:
1. Over Caring or Under Caring: After we make a tattoo, you go through a lot of confusions in our mind about caring them. We have said it in details earlier but actually you may not realize that there is a line between under caring and over caring. After removing the bandage of your tattoo, you should gently wash your tattoo with some anti-bacterial ointment and hot water. Again after you take your shower never wipe your tattoo with towel. Just let it dry on its own. Actually you will need a rapid healing in that area and you shouldn’t do the things that act as an obstacle in the procedure.
2. Wrapping a Tattoo: Remember not to wrap your tattoo until and unless your tattoo artists say to do so. Once you remove the bandage, it is very necessary to keep the place clean as it is mostly like a fresh injury. Yu can wash the place with your hands slowly and steadily. So everything you are doing must be clean to avoid bacterial infections.
3. Sleeping on top of your tattoo: Never make a mistake by sleeping on top of your tattoo. Suppose if you have made a tattoo on your belly, try to sleep on your back for just a few days. Actually the factor is that you will have to keep your tattoo exposed most of the time. The more you will keep it exposed, the more quickly that place will heal up.
4. Keeping your Tattoo Dry: Some people think that keeping the tattoo dry is really a good idea. But it is not so. Try to keep your tattoo a bit moist for first few days after making it. If you let it completely dry, it may lead to a thick scab formation and as a result the healing procedure will also slow down. You may use a cream to cover up the area and it will be also suggested by your tattoo artist.
5. Touching the tattoo: It’s much better to say that our hands are very filthy. Never touch your tattoo with a hand that is completely cleaned. This may lead to an infection and so be very careful about that. Your only motto should be to keep the tattoo clean and clear when it is new.
6. Work-out: If you are too much conscious about your body and go through a regular workout, remember not to work out for a few days if your tattoo is big. Tattoos which are very big cover up the joints and when you work out these joints move a lot resulting in the elasticity to increase. So your tattoo may spread up in such case.
7. Submerging: During the next two weeks after you make the tattoo, you will have to avoid prolonged water contact. We are not saying that you will not bath, or wash your tattoo regularly, but you shouldn’t submerge your tattoo for a long time in bath tubs, hot water, swimming pools and salt water. So you should keep this in mind.
8. Sunburn: May be you use sunscreens when you go directly under the sun, but you should know that the sunscreens are not at all formulated to protect the wounds in our body. A fresh tattoo is similar to a fresh wound. So you will feel your tattoo burning if you expose it to direct sunlight. If you are feeling heat in the tattoo area, immediately stay out of the sun.
9. Picking and Scrubbing: You know very well that your tattoo will not fall out. But it is a normal process of scabbing. But you should never pick your scab or never scrub it. If you pick or scrub your scab, then you are just pulling out the color from your skin. Let the tattoo stay on its own.
10. Not Asking for an Advice: Professional tattoo artists have all the knowledge about caring a fresh tattoo. However, they are not medical practitioners. So if something weird is happening with your tattoo area, just contact with your tattoo artist or if he fails to give you an advice then immediately reach to a dermatologist.
So there it’s all about after caring a tattoo. There a ton of mistakes that you can make resulting in the ruin of your tattoo. So follow these steps and if still you need advice, rush to your tattoo artist. Just use your common sense at first to keep your tattoo beautiful.